Welcome to the first edition of the SocialSign.in Spotlight, a new blog series featuring members of our network and what makes them special.
Today, we’re here to tell you about City Winery, a standout live music establishment that offers free WiFi in all of its venues. With locations in New York City, Napa Valley, Chicago and Nashville (Opening September 2014), City Winery creates a memorable experience by combining a uniquely intimate setting with a focus on three core principles: great wine, great music, and great food.
The man behind those principles is Michael Dorf (@michaeldorf); a native New Yorker, avid entrepreneur and the founder/CEO of City Winery. If his name sounds familiar to some of you, it’s because Michael was also founder of The Knitting Factory, a staple of the New York live music scene in the late 80’s and 90’s.
Here are 10 reasons our team believes City Winery is a truly awesome establishment
1) An award winning wine list with over 400 different producers from around the globe.
2) 20+ wines produced in house, varying from location to location based on the local vineyards, served on tap.
3) Barrel Rooms at each venue so visitors can learn more about the different aspects of the winemaking process
4) The opportunity to make and create your own private barrel of wine, or take an existing product and create custom designed labels for your own personalized case.
5) A seasonal, globally inspired food menu designed to pair with their wine selection. Highlights include Pizza Flatbreads that use wine lees in the dough, Pulled Duck Tacos, and a crowd pleasing adult variation on S’mores.
6) Rather than packing their venue with as many people as possible, they intentionally keep it small for a more comfortable, intimate live music setting. Each location has a 300-400 person maximum capacity per show.
8) The setting itself falls right into a “sweet spot”, says Michael in a recent interview with Inc Magazine. “Big enough to get big-name entertainers but small enough that it still feels intimate.”
10) It’s really impressive to see all the great things happening inside City Winery at their different locations. Equally impressive is the stand-out style that each location carries from the outside.
On September 17th, City Winery is slated to open a fourth location, a 30,000 square foot space in a city that knows a thing or two about live music: Nashville, Tennessee.
We’ve provided details and directions (click for Google Maps) so you can visit any of their locations.
New York (@CityWineryNYC)
Napa Valley (@CityWineryNapa)
Thanks for reading the SocialSign.in Spotlight, and check out City Winery if you live near one. Our team will be there on Tuesday, August 26th, for the final night of the Hudson Square Free Music summer series at the New York location.
Interested in live music? Read our recent post about how Instagram is changing the festival scene. If you want to become part of the SocialSign.in network, contact us today. If you are currently working with SocialSign.in and want to be featured in a future edition of our Spotlight series, you can email to email@example.com or tweet @SocialSignIn today.